“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”

-Albus Dumbledore

Friday 1 August 2014

I'd like to pretend to be British

You know what to do, click this link before you continue!

Hello again Beth! As you already know, I will be posting while I'm on vacation, but don't expect anything long or particularly complex. This post is late, I know, but I've been busy and tired and on a holiday, so I don't really think I should be punished, though maybe you disagree. 

Thanks for answering my Harry Potter questions! I'm expecting we'll have many more HP conversations as our blogging adventure continues. Prisoner of Azkaban used to be my least favourite HP book, but after rereading it a few times it has become my second favourite! I love Lupin so much, and I really enjoy the plot twists and surprises in it too. 

So for my main topic today, I will be writing about something that Ellie and I have been discussing and arguing about recently. This topic can have many names, but I like to call it "Lame Superpowers". Lame Superpowers are those abilities or talents that seem pretty stupid and not very useful but once you really think about it, they would actually be quite cool to have. Lame Superpowers can actually happen in real life, but they can also be things that are impossible to happen. As an example, I've decided to provide you with a list of some of my favourite Lame Superpowers. 


  • The ability to pause and unpause a youtube video with your mind.
  • The ability to remember completely and exactly one dream you had last night, but only for 12 hours.
  • The ability to open your locker on the first try.
  • The ability to cut your fingernails and toenails with your mind, as well as cutting them to the exact length you want. 
  • The ability to skip forward or backward in a video to the exact time you want. 
  • The ability to know immediately if a book is a part of a series and what number it is just from picking it up. 
And my personal most favourite of my favourites, the Lame Superpower I would pick over any superpower, lame or not, except for flying of course, is....
  • The ability to speak in an absolutely perfect British accent whenever you wanted to. 

Now, you must have read my mind when you asked me your second question, because I had decided put a quote of the week at the end of each of my new posts. This week's quote is from a song by Dan Mangan called You Silly Git. There's on line in it that really reminds me of the kind of exsitential crisis I have most often, and the one I wrote about on this blog. 
It's not my favourite quote, but whenever I hear it, it makes me go....Wow, that's true. So here it is. 


Just cities full of people

People making people making people

For the masses

People we won't ever know







No comments:

Post a Comment